 |
The stream flows over rocks, creating
white water "rapids." |
Today started bright and sunny, so Shadow and I walked to the beach. Cody was busy doing dog things, but he joined us later. I found a place to sit and just enjoyed the sights and sounds of the beach.
 |
The pool is deeper than it looks. Note the white rocks at the bottom. The little black dots poking out of the water are fish. |
 |
From the pool (lower left) the stream
continues to the ocean. |
 |
Rocks rising from the sea. I wonder if the
kids dare each other to swim there. |
Just below my perch was one of the mountain springs, making its way to the ocean. It formed a stream, with little rapids as it flowed over the rocks. Then it formed a large pool which was filled with fish. Lots of fish. I didn't see them well enough to describe them, let alone identify them. They kept breaching the water. I think I saw two of them playing the fish equivalent of tag. Past the pool, the stream had split to form an oxbow. After that, it ran straight to the ocean.
What with the stream, the ocean, the birds, and the fish, there was plenty to amuse me for an hour or so. It's wonderful just to watch and be.
No comments:
Post a Comment